Authenticity Guaranteed / 14-days Inspection Period / 1-year Warranty
Rare and charming chronograph by Croton. It features amazingly preserved "Clamshell" waterproof case of a very special design patented in the mid-30s by Schmitz Freres SA. This case has 4 small screws behind the lugs to compress the two parts of the case. Various Swiss manufacturers used this design for their chronographs in various sizes from 30 to 38 mm.
This particular piece is notable for the mid-sized "clamshell" case which measures 35 mm without the crown, extremely attractive two-tone dial showing beautiful patina perfectly blue steel hands, and a reliable Valjoux 92-based movement. It is signed 4 times (double signed case, movement, dial). Another interesting feature - the signature is printed in an unusual part of the dial - at 6 o'clock rather than 12 o'clock. A true gem for a true collector!
Fully functional. Technical warranty: 1 year.
- Stainless steel 2-body "clamshell" patented case (Brevet 189190)
- Outstanding unpolished condition and sharp edges.
- 35 mm (without crown) / 40 mm (lug-to-lug) / 18 mm (between lugs)
- Original steel fluted crown. Original "mushroom" pushers.
- Original plexiglass crystal.
- Signed "Croton" and with patent number.
- Manual-winding 2-reg 45-minutes chronograph
- Valjoux 92 correctly signed "Croton Cal.380"
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 39 hours of power reserve, no shock-protection.
- Service history is unknown. Timegrapher shows acceptable results: +4 seconds a day, 235 degrees of amplitude and 3 ms of beat error.
- Original untouched two-tone dial showing uniform aging
- Signed "Croton" and "Swiss" at 6 o'clock.
- Original blue steel hands in good condition with intact radium-based lume
- Excellent overall condition
- The watch with hand-made tan calfskin strap.
- Our company’s warranty certificate, invoice and general terms and conditions.